Monday, May 15, 2017

How do we learn?

Can you learn from the internet? I want you to think about this. How do we learn? The education system we have today starting with kindergarten uses a combination of teacher explanation reinforced with written material and in many instances visual presentations. It is a proven statistic that a student will only retain a portion of the teacher presentation. So what can a student do to improve the retention? The answers do homework; study of the material, research the subject. How do people learn more about a subject – they study, they research, they teach. See the pattern here? I don’t think very many martial arts programs have their students do homework and I doubt seriously many instructors assign research projects during their respective belt training levels. Improving my students ability to retail more, to have reference material, to have a guide that helps my instructors teach consistently with higher retention rates is the driving force behind my filming all these videos and now making them available through https://martymartinkarate.com So my answer to the question can you learn from the internet is yes you can. That learning comes through observing instruction, having a consistent reference, a place to do research. I think this is the most important point to the subject, having a solid source to reference the material you are learning is the key to knowing your material.

No comments: