Friday, June 23, 2017
Thursday, June 22, 2017
There are some really smooth wrist locks in this video that once again compliment the material fight skills students are learning at Marty Martin Karate. The counter Fabio Santos demonstrates is an example of not letting your opponent get the shoulder undertook when you are using the overlook to gi lapel control which we have been studying this last week during jiu jitsu week. Enjoy and expand your knowledge through study of martial arts. More at Marty Martin Karate.com
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Monday, May 22, 2017
I truly believe in having and believing in a code to live by. In times of crisis, in situations where you are challenged to make a decision or situations when you need a moral guide, your decision will be strong and honest when you have a code to guide your final decision.
Here are 12 principles you can use to build your code.
1. HONESTY. Be honest in all communications and actions.
2. INTEGRITY. Maintain personal integrity.
3. PROMISE-KEEPING. Keep promises and fulfill commitments.
4. LOYALTY. Be loyal within the framework of other ethical principles.
5. FAIRNESS. Strive to be fair and just in all dealings.
6. CARING. Demonstrate compassion and a genuine concern for the well being of others.
7. RESPECT FOR OTHERS. Treat everyone with respect.
8. LAW ABIDING. Obey the law.
9. COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE. Pursue excellence all the time in all things.
10. LEADERSHIP. Exemplify honor and ethics.
11. REPUTATION AND MORALE.
12. ACCOUNTABILITY. Be accountable.
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Friday, May 19, 2017
Small Victories Create small victories, they add up, no matter how small or short in time. Those are the moments that carry you through to the next big challenge. And there is always another challenge. Taking small victories allow for more present moment focus. They lead to collectively completing the bigger goal! Focusing on the end goal may present such an overwhelming task mentally and physically one may quit – collectively small victories add up to success. For someone who never seems to get started – start with small victories. Life’s plan rarely flows the way one plans. Taking these small victories will open doors to paths in life – many of which can lead to huge successes.