Sunday, November 22, 2015

How bad do you want it....

To answer your primary question, What made us stay….?  I dunno. Maybe I was too stupid, or too stubborn, to quit. Or, more likely, it was because I wouldn’t leave my buddies. If I quit, they would have to haul the damn boat without me. I wasn’t going to do that to them. I think that’s one of the primary things that keep people going in tough times, or in combat; their friends and family depend on them. Training weeds out the self-serving, selfish individuals, and keeps the team players whom we can count on to be there when we need each other.”  Navy Seal Daniel Olson – BUD/S Class 39

Training for years in the martial arts becomes a lifestyle, those who truly want to be black belts continue, they train, they succeed in martial arts and life. 

Ask yourself if that is what you want - the black belt, the life as a martial artist, it has always been that way for me.

No comments: