Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bronze Respect

Saturday night I got the time to watch some of the winter Olympics, I got hooked on watching Apolo Ohno going for his seventh gold in the 1000m short track speed skating. Recognized as a great athlete – I was most impressed with his interview after the final where he got the bronze. When ask how he felt – his response “I did my best”. I wish I could have a tape to play to all the kids out there who think that if they don’t place number one or get the gold they are failures. Some even quit and look for something else they think they might win at only to go in a circle never finding the magic. Don’t get me wrong the object is to win HOWEVER doing your best and being consistent will bring you more wins more successes and certainly more happiness. Low and behold here comes Shani Davis, he too got the silver in the 1500m speed skating and what did he say in his interview? “I did my best”.

No comments: