Friday, June 26, 2009

Making failure an option...

This upcoming week I will be promoting several classes to their next respective level of training. What this means to me - individual physical and character progression. Examples: Ben has done a great job motivating several green belts who did not pass their last testing cycle, he has given them internal motivation and as a result I have seen growth in their personal skills and determination. If I had passed them before they would not have grown the way they have. I delayed a whole red belt class last session because they just were not defending themselves - now they are, they respond with confidence and effectiveness, I know their families will be proud. In today's I want it now, instant gratification world, I present "failure is an option". I teach my students that you don't always get it right the first time. Now what are your options... If at first your don't succeed then try again - what important words. Those who strive will find success, they do at the Karate Training Center, they will in life's challenges.

No comments: